When you are getting back into shape, a great way to ease into it is to do a 30-day challenge. These are always good to start with because they are short, to the point, and mentally we like things broken up for us to complete.
But not all programs are created equal.
There are some things you should look out for when selecting a 30-day challenge to try.
- Does it have proven results? – When you look at the challenge does it show you that it has worked for other people.
- Does it offer nutrition guidance or meal plans? – 80% of your weight loss success comes from your nutrition. So it is imperative that you get this part right. Having a nutritional guideline will give you some direction to follow and increases your chances of staying the course and seeing results.
- Are there exercises you can follow? Knowing what you’re doing and HOW you’re supposed to do it is critical. A good thing to look out for is if the 30-day challenge has some type of instructions on how to do the exercises.
- Is it convenient? We all have busy lives, so will the 30-day challenge fit into your lifestyle. Or is it a long drawn-out program for people who have all day to workout?
- Can you sustain the program AFTER the 30 days? Doing the challenge is fun and exciting. But what about after. Is the program so strict that you can’t do it after the 30 days? Does the program have you filling up small containers of food and telling you that’s all you can eat? What about if you leave the house and forget those little containers? Then what do you do?
- Does the program educate you on why it is setup the way it is?
- Will the 30-day challenge set you up for success for the long run?
These are just a few things you should consider when selecting a 30-day challenge to complete.