- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably “spicy”
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives, (optional)
- Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. To serve, continue with Steps 2 & 3.
Courtesy of Eating Well