The mellow flavors of a creamy, golden squash soup shine when topped with pieces of sweet juicy apple. Enjoy Pillsbury® artisan dinner rolls on the side!
- 20 min
- total time 8 hr 35 min
- ingredients 10
- servings 9
- 1 large butternut squash (about 4 lb), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 large apple, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small red apple, unpeeled, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup), if desired
- Spray 4- to 5- quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, toss squash, apple, onion, curry powder, salt and white pepper. Pour broth over vegetable mixture.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Pour about 3 cups of the soup mixture into blender; add coconut milk and brown sugar. Cover and blend until smooth; return to cooker. Blend remaining soup mixture, in 2 more batches of 3 cups each, until smooth; return to cooker.
- Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or unto hot. Serve topped with chopped apple.
Courtesy of Pillsbury