These lettuce wraps have a pleasant level of heat without being too hot for the entire family to enjoy.
- 15 min
- total time7 hr 15 min
- 1 package (3.35 lb) boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 14 thighs)
- 1 3/4 cups Buffalo wing sauce
- 18 leaves Boston lettuce
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 oz)
Sliced green onions and chopped salted peanuts, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in cooker. Pour Buffalo wing sauce over chicken. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place in medium bowl. Place strainer over another medium bowl. Strain juices from cooker; skim fat from juices. Reserve 1 1/2 cups juices. Stir chicken to separate into pieces. Return chicken to cooker; stir in reserved juices. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto center of each lettuce leaf. Top with blue cheese; garnish with green onions and peanuts. To eat, wrap lettuce around chicken mixture and toppings.
Courtesy of Pillsbury