A hearty frittata is one of our favorite dishes for entertaining, since you can serve it warm or at room temperature. A large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet is a must for this recipe.
- 2 teaspoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 2 medium leek(s)
cleaned and thinly sliced (white parts only)
- 8 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper, black ground
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, white, shredded
- 2 small tomato(es)
- (1 pound), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 F. Warm oil in 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook 8 minutes, until softened, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 2 In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese. Pour over leek mixture in skillet. Gently lift up leek mixture to coat bottom of pan. Arrange tomato slices in overlapping pattern on top. Cook 8 minutes, until sides are set but mixture is still loose on top.
- 3 Transfer to oven, cook 10 minutes, until center is cooked through and tomatoes lightly browned. Remove from oven; run a rubber spatula around edges and underneath to loosen frittata from skillet. Slide onto serving platter and sprinkle with thyme. Cut into wedges.