To help me lose weight I adopted a meal replacement option (typically breakfast. Occasionally a dinner replacement). That meal replacement option was protein shakes with whey protein and some type of fruit. I will have more information on whey protein. But for now here is an inside look into what I ate for breakfast that drastically helped me lose weight.
After my morning workout I would get ready for the day. Then make my protein shake every morning and drink it on the way to work. I loved (and still love) this option because:
- First I have jump started my metabolism for the day with my morning workout
- Second I am getting quality protein in my body to grow muscle and help me feel full longer
- I have an easy on-the-go meal with no mess while driving in the car.
This is how I make my protein shakes:
- I use a small blender where the cup doubles as a travel cup. You can pick up these types of blenders at Kroger or Amazon, or eBay or anywhere that sells blenders.
- Pour about 8oz of Almond Milk (flavor is your preference. I alter between vanilla and chocolate). I use Almond milk because I try to stay away from dairy as much as possible. I even use Almond Milk in my cereal.
- Use 1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder.
- Put in about 1/2 cup of frozen fruit. I like to use the frozen fruit because the fruit is fresh and it also helps to keep the protein shake cold while drinking. I purchase my frozen fruit bags from Sams Club. But you can get frozen fruit at any grocery store.
- Blend to nice smooth consistency.
- Add in more almond milk if shake becomes too thick to blend
To find the consistency to your liking, may take a couple of days before you get it down but you will find what you like.
There are a ton of combinations you can create with your protein shake.
For instance I will blend chocolate almond milk, chocolate protein powder, banana, peanut butter, and ice (mmmmm goood)!
Like I said this is a great meal replacement. If you choose you can make a protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch. Doing this will definitely speed up your weight loss efforts. Just remember to eat a nice healthy dinner to finish your day off super healthy.
Meal replacements are not necessarily a life-long solution, however, it will train you to get in your fruits and how to eat lighter meals.
LIKE THIS IDEA? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA