To help you lose weight faster it’s best to get your metabolism revved up. Here are 5 quick tips to help you do that.
- Eat These With Every Meal– Now get this, the chewiness of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains make your mouth work more. These foods contain higher amounts of fiber which takes longer and more energy to digest. Having these food every meal will add up during the day and produce a calorie burn. Eat these foods in their whole natural state to get the best boost in metabolism.
- Eat Lean and Mean – Protein is also a food that requires more energy to digest. Protein also makes you feel more full and satisfied longer. Try to incorporate protein into each meal as well.
- Quick Burst of Exercise – Try this weird trick. Right before every meal and snack do some quick burst of exercises. This can be jumping jacks, push ups, or simply running in place. Do this for a couple of minutes right before you eat. Short bursts of exercises throughout the day can lead to an afterburn of 200 calories. Side note: lean muscle also burns more fat. The more in shape you are the faster you burn fat.
- Tea or Water anyone? – Green tea contains catechins, which is an antioxidant that raises resting metabolism by 4 percent. That’s works out to about 80 calories a day. If green tea is not your thing, then just drink water to stay hydrated. Did you know if you are dehydrated your metabolism could actually be slowing down? So drink more water.
- Take a break – STRESS… I hate it just like you. Having a lot of stress could lead to unhealthy snacking which can actually slow your metabolism down.Be sure to take regular breaks from your daily work and routines. If you work at a desk all day, make sure you get up and walk away from your desk several times a day to change your focus. Also go for a brisk 5 minute walk, or dance to your favorite new song, or do some yoga. Whatever you do just make sure you get up and move a lot more frequent throughout the day.